Last updated: March 2023
DOES BURBERRY USE OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
We use other similar technologies (which are also called cookies for the purposes of this policy) such as web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs), tracking URLs, software development kits (SDKs) and local storage on the Site and Applications.
- Web beacons are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited the Site and/or Application, opened an e-mail that Burberry has sent them and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We use this information for certain purposes including determining which of our emails are relevant to you and reviewing engagement with our emails.
- Tracking URLs are custom generated links that help us understand where the traffic to the Site and/or Application comes from.
- SDKs are small pieces of code within apps (including any Application), which function like cookies and web beacons.
- Local storage is technology which allows a website to store and retrieve data from your browser. We use local storage to more efficiently manage the temporary storage of information relating to our Site. You can control the use of local storage using your browser settings.
INTERNET-BASED ADVERTISING AND PROFILING
Interest-based advertising cookies will be placed on your device, if you choose to accept advertising cookies, by our third-party service providers. These cookies will remember your web browsing activity and group together your interests in order to send you targeted advertisements which are relevant to you. We use interest-based advertising to keep you informed of new Burberry campaigns, products and services. We manage this through a variety of digital marketing networks and advertisement exchanges and use a range of advertising technologies, which may include profiling (as explained below).
If interest-based advertising cookies are set on your device when you visit the Site, you will see Burberry banners and advertisements when you are on other websites and applications. These banners and advertisements are based on a combination of the information we and our service providers hold about you, your previous use of websites including the Site (such as your search history and the content you view on the Site) or on any banners or advertisements you have previously clicked on. Information such as your browsing and purchase activity may be used by the digital marketing networks and advertisement exchanges to infer certain things about you (such as your age and gender) in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behaviour and attitudes. Burberry doesn’t obtain this information, but our third-party service providers may use this information to make advertising more relevant to you, personalise our services and to better understand the interests and preferences of our customers.
HOW DO I CONTACT BURBERRY?
- Email: Customer Services at email@example.com or our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at DPO@burberry.com
- Write to us: The DPO, Horseferry House, Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2AW
- Call us: +44 (0) 20 3402 1444